Cybersecurity is a top concern of virtually all financial institutions, businesses, corporations and governments today. Experts estimate that there will be 200 billion connected devices by 2020. No longer do we use computers, phones and other devices online, but now cars, homes and even pets are connected. As connectivity increases, so does the need for cybersecurity and data privacy. Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP is the premier cybersecurity firm in the U.S., working with numerous clients who are facing data breaches and other cybersecurity issues.
Founded in 1849, Davis Polk is headquartered in New York City and is now an international law firm with nearly 1,000 attorneys. As one of the city’s most powerful firms, Davis Polk counts such well-known entities as the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and the United States Treasury among its clients.
Experienced and Renowned Attorneys
Data breaches can bring unimaginable repercussions that include devastating financial costs and ruined reputations. Having experts on your side can minimize the damage and protect your business. Davis Polk’s team includes such well-known experts in the field, including Jon Leibowitz and Neil MacBride, and their attorneys have worked on a variety of sensitive cases. When representing clients, they draw from their vast experience in diverse disciplines.
They offer representation for a wide range of issues and needs, including:
- Making disclosures
- Managing interactions
- Assessing policies, procedures, threats, defenses and training programs
- Responding to regulatory inquiries
- Implementing incident responses
- Crafting business continuity plans
- Overseeing cyber investigations into intrusions
- Communicating with law enforcement, auditors, insurers and regulators
- Spearheading internal investigations
- Facilitating data transfers
- Preparing for and defending against regulatory or civil actions
Recognition and Awards
- Listed in “The Law Firms Best at Cybersecurity” by BTI Consulting
- Named “America’s Law Firm of the Year” in 2012 and 2013 by “International Financial Law Review”
- Listed among the “Top 100 National Firms” by “American Lawyer”
- Ranked as a top New York law firm by “Chambers USA”
- Presented with “Heroes Honors 25th Anniversary Award” by the Gay Men’s Health Crisis nonprofit
Diversity and Inclusion
Davis Polk welcomes people from all walks of life. Their attorneys hail from more than 40 countries and speak over 45 languages. Nearly ⅓ of their lawyers are from a minority group or identify as LGBT. Nearly half of associates and 20 percent of partners are women.
Pro Bono Work
Their commitment to underserved populations is clear through their pro bono work. The firm provides resources, training and partner mentoring, and all pro bono work is treated the same as billable hours to ensure the highest-quality representation possible.
With a stellar record, extensive experience in the field and their commitment to the people they serve, Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP are the clear choice for data privacy and cybersecurity. To learn more about the firm, check out the Davis Polk website.